Teach And Volunteer In Thailand
How To Be A Volunteer
Below you will find the next steps you need to take if you wish to pursue this overseas experience.
Please follow the steps listed below in the given order to successfully secure a placement.
- Study the information and that of the given websites carefully and consider if you could live in such an environment and, if so, for what duration: 3 months, 6 months, or one year
- Write down your questions and concerns (they will be compiled in a FAQs for the website)
- Choose your option and let us know in an email as to when you want to be here.
- Deadline for May 2009 start for all options above is before or by May 10, 2009!
- Deadline to notify us for any other start dates in 2009 is asap or latest July 1, 2009. .
- Complete an application and submit all documents, including the application form consisting of two essays, three references, a college transcript, employment history, and a listing of your community and volunteer activities, and a health status review
- An additional interview is held via skype (www.skype.com) where issues such as your skills and interests, flexibility, adaptability, social and cultural awareness, motivation and commitment to teaching in Thailand will be discussed.
- Nomination is made by the interviewer upon successful completion of the interview and application process.
- Submit medical clearance documentation from your local physician for work in the tropics, and obtain a police report, if you do not already have one.
- You will receive a teaching and placement invitation
- You make the binding acceptance decision.
- We assist you in flight scheduling, arrangement of accommodation in Bangkok and airport pickup upon arrival.